The Department of Family Medicine
We are a Department focused on strengthening the impact of family medicine on the health and well-being of all people and their communities.
Our team is accomplishing this through collaboration, capacity building and person-centredness. Building on a 50 year history, we are changing the way health care is designed and delivered in Canada.
We innovate. We educate. We care.
- We're proud & honoured to have the art of Conrad Furey gracing the walls of the David Braley Health Sciences Centre! Thank you so much to Conrad's widow, Theresa, for donated this beautiful piece. #HamOnt
- We're pretty sure this is the first time one of our faculty members has been on a billboard! Catch family doctor and assistant clinical professor Dr. Danielle Derrington on @am900chml every Saturday at 10 a.m! #hamont #healthshow #mcmaster #familymedicine
- Today is the final day of Block 7 for our residents. These four days are important educational experiences for all residents, with hands on learning of procedural skills taught by our experienced faculty members. #meded #medicaleducation #familymedicine #mcmaster
- The annual cookie swap was a big success! Always a great opportunity for colleagues to come together and enjoy the holiday season. #hamont #officeculture #mcmasteru
- We'll be doing slightly less traditional tasks over our lunches today! Excited for the annual staff Winter Carnival! #staffwellness #holidayfun #mcmasterDFM #mcmasteru
- The Hamilton community has always welcomed and embraced our staff, faculty and learners. We try to show our gratitude by giving back throughout the year. We are proud to once again be collecting donations in our offices for Hamilton Food Share throughout December! #hamont