The Department of Family Medicine
We are a Department focused on strengthening the impact of family medicine on the health and well-being of all people and their communities.
Our team is accomplishing this through collaboration, capacity building and person-centredness. Building on a 50 year history, we are changing the way health care is designed and delivered in Canada.
We innovate. We educate. We care.
- Karen and Ken hatched 4 adorable goslings.
- Karen and Ken decided to have their baby outside the Maternity Centre of Hamilton for #Canada150. Welcome friends. #HonkIfYouLoveGeese
- Thank you Sutapa Agrawal (Public Health Foundation of India) and Alexandra Joensson (University of Copenhagen) for joining us this week in collaboration and learning.
- We're proud & honoured to have the art of Conrad Furey gracing the walls of the David Braley Health Sciences Centre! Thank you so much to Conrad's widow, Theresa, for donated this beautiful piece. #HamOnt
- We're pretty sure this is the first time one of our faculty members has been on a billboard! Catch family doctor and assistant clinical professor Dr. Danielle Derrington on @am900chml every Saturday at 10 a.m! #hamont #healthshow #mcmaster #familymedicine
- Today is the final day of Block 7 for our residents. These four days are important educational experiences for all residents, with hands on learning of procedural skills taught by our experienced faculty members. #meded #medicaleducation #familymedicine #mcmaster